FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony EX3 Camera

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan Deuchar
Sony EX3 Camera
on Dec 6, 2008 at 6:19:28 am

Hello Honourable Peoples

I have just recently purchased a Sony PMW EX3 camera. I have a PC (laptop) not an AppleMac. Will I be able to make use of Adobe Elements to transfer and edit my EX3 visuals on my PC or do I have to invest in the more expensive and complicated Premiere Pro software or Final Cut Pro and AppleMac?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Sony EX3 Camera
on Dec 7, 2008 at 12:41:25 am

Hmm- I'm not 100% schooled in Adobe's product line but I don't think Elements would help you at all. I'd get a hold of Premiere...

Noah

Check out My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Bryan Deuchar
on Dec 10, 2008 at 7:01:51 am

Hi Noah

Thanx for your advice. Will check out your blogs & tings.
Bryan Deuchar
South Africa.

Return to posts index

Frank Manno
on Dec 7, 2008 at 2:00:34 pm

For what it's worth, I heard Edius is incredibly fast at editing all HD formats. Edits full HD on a PC Laptop with no efforts.

You may want to check it out.

I personally use Sony Vegas and have not yet edited any HD/DHV footage on it but it's also geared up well for HD and Bluw ray encoding/burning. Apparently it's not as quick as Edius though.

I'm picking up my EX-3 nexy week..

-Frankie

Return to posts index

Bryan Deuchar
on Dec 8, 2008 at 7:22:12 am

Thanx for your input Frankie!

Wish you luck with your EX3 camera when you get it. It seems to be an incredible piece of hardware. I'm still getting my mind around it and will eventually (soon) make it an extension of my body.

The ergonomics could have been better in terms of one's access to the zoom control on the grip. I can't get my left hand through the gap between the top of the lens and the operating panel on the handle (maybe my hand is just too big!). The wing nut locking the viewfinder in place blocks access to the zoom control when I need to zoom and pull focus at the same time (not sure if there are other operators who can do that but I learned that little trick from early days on Betacams)while operating the pan handle.

Anyway, thanx again for your reply.

Best wishes

Bryan Deuchar
South Africa.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]