FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVCProHD to XDCAM 422

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Rubasch
DVCProHD to XDCAM 422
on Dec 3, 2008 at 1:29:19 am

Hi guys; I have about 6 hours of DVCProHD footage uploaded on a Mac FCP system. It is all 1080i60. I have another client who wants it dubbed or copied to XDCAM 1080 422 (the newest codec). I was told that if I try to convert it on the Mac to XDCAM it will not play nice on his PC Premier Pro HD system....seems to be a codec issue. Is there a new codec for XDCAM that the Mac hasn't updated to yet?

So has anyone had DVCProHD footage converted to the latest XDCAM codec in 422? I saw that Compressor has a setting for 50 mbps XDCAM 422 but I don't know why I was told that the XDCAM files that a Mac creates are not readable on a Premier Pro HD system.

We are going to try importing a native DVCProHD into the project with the Raylight codecs installed to see if it will read those on the PC.

Thoughts?

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

Stephen May
Re: DVCProHD to XDCAM 422
on Dec 3, 2008 at 3:29:39 am

would it be stupid (and time consuming) to play out of a DVCProHD deck SDI into a Sony XDCAM deck? I'm wondering since you mentioned having six hours of media - I mean that's some drive space, whereas you could use/rent the XDCAM deck and discs and be done with it. Or maybe go to the clients facility where they might have the deck?

Stephen May
Keystone Media Productions
Freelance Videographer

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: DVCProHD to XDCAM 422
on Dec 3, 2008 at 1:22:47 pm

Hi rich,
i've posted you in the FC forum.
Install the last SONY XDCAM Transfer software and you will get a new plugin in FC: Export to XDCAM.
It will do it for you.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]