FORUMS: list search recent posts

Macro and Zebras on EX1

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Moser
Macro and Zebras on EX1
on Dec 2, 2008 at 1:23:28 am

I've got two questions relating to the EX1 that weren't covered in any of the training DVD's.

1. Is the macro focus only available in the servo-manual focus mode (with the ring pushed forward)?

2. It seems that zebra 2 is always set at 100 ire and only zebra 1 is settable. Did I miss something or is this the case?

Thanks
Michael Moser

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
Re: Macro and Zebras on EX1
on Dec 2, 2008 at 5:19:27 am

1. Don't really remember but I thought it was the forward position.

2. Zebra two is set to 100% as a safety measure. On all of our cameras, we set zebra 1 at 75% for caucasion skin.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Return to posts index

Michael Moser
on Dec 2, 2008 at 1:19:49 pm

So you're saying that zebra 2 is unsettable on the camera and macro is only available with the servo focus?
I'm going to Government Video Expo in DC this morning so I'll see if there's anyone there who has a definitive answer.
-M

Return to posts index

Michael Moser
on Dec 5, 2008 at 1:27:16 am

The answer is:
Zebra2 is fixed at 100, not changeable and macro is only available using the servo focus>>focus wheel pushed forward.
-M

Return to posts index

Andrew Stone
on Dec 10, 2008 at 5:01:32 am

Good question as zebras are often assignable. On the EX series from what I can tell "Zebra 2" is fixed at 100 so you have a reference to keep the highlights in check. and Zebra 1 is floating/adjustable. I set mine to 70 IRE for flesh tones based on sage wisdom from a DP I know who dispenses kernels of wisdom from time to time. 75 IRE may be better on newer/HD cameras. I haven't questioned it (till now).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]