FORUMS: list search recent posts

FC: Export to XDCAM works great

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rafael Amador
FC: Export to XDCAM works great
on Nov 29, 2008 at 1:13:38 pm

Hi COW-addicts,
I've been making a test with the new XDACAM Transfer function.
Really easy and fast. To export 3 minutes of EX-1 footage took a bit more than 1 minute.
No re-compression, only the GOPs of the cuts needs being rebuilt (I think).
I've exported a 1080i50 and a 720p25 sequence.
Then I tried to recapture with the JAioHD to SD.
No problem with the 1080i. Converted to PrtoRess looks great.
With the 720p25 I had some difficulties for setting the AJA Control panel properly, but in the end I've got it.
I think is a good workflow when needed to downsize a lot of XDCAM footage. Good quality and really fast.
Cheers,
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Chris Babbitt
Re: FC: Export to XDCAM works great
on Nov 29, 2008 at 6:31:03 pm

Please clarify, Rafael. What Transfer Function are you talking about?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Nov 30, 2008 at 2:52:35 am

Hi Chris,
The XDCAM Transfer 2.8, install a plugin in FC that allows to export back to the SxS card.
I'm working in a project that mix DV and Ex-1 footage. I used this function to convert to ProRess SD all the EX-1 footage of my time-line. Fast and perfect results.
Cheers,
rafael

Return to posts index

Paul Campbell
on Dec 3, 2008 at 8:32:04 pm

Hi, Rafa. I was browsing the XDCAM forum and found this thread. (I'm the guy you were helping a few days ago trying to downconvert XDCAM footage at 24fps to SD @ 30fps) Needless to say, I'm still experimenting with getting the best downconversion possible. I haven't had a chance yet to purchase the Natress application you mentioned.

Forgive my ignorance here, but I don't understand why you'd take XDCAM footage from the SxS card and convert it to put BACK on the SxS card. Maybe I just misread your first post. The reason I ask is because I'm still looking for that perfect way to convert my XDCAM footage to a SD timeline to mix with some SD graphics.

I have access to an AJA Kona I/O. Would your procedure for downconverting work with this?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Dec 4, 2008 at 2:54:36 am

Hi Paul,
I'm ediiting EX-1 together with some DV in an SD time-line. What I put back to the SxS card are the EX-1 shots. I send them from an EX-1 sequence, un-scaled off course. There is no rendering so no quality lose. Then I capture then as ProRess SD with the AJAioHD.
I'm afraid you can't do that with the I/O because it have no HD capabilities. But you can try converting in the camera. You can output SD from the HDI/SDI and capture that with your AJA.
Rafael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]