FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is this?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Volland
What is this?
on Nov 24, 2008 at 8:36:22 pm

On the EX1, on the right side of the camera near the middle, is a circle with a vertical line through it.

I have seen this symbol on most of Sony products, maybe other electronics too. We started discussing it today at work. Does anyone know what it stands for?

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: What is this?
on Nov 24, 2008 at 8:50:31 pm

[Brian Volland] "Does anyone know what it stands for?"

It's the symbol for the camera's focal plane. The symbol location shows where the focal plane is.

- Don

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Nov 24, 2008 at 8:57:29 pm

[Don Greening] "It's the symbol for the camera's focal plane. The symbol location shows where the focal plane is. "

Sure, that's what all the techies say. It's really the Sony gang insignia. I'm going to get the tattoo behind my right ear.

I've heard some people have tested and found that although it's close it's not 100% accurate and can be impacted by such things as temperature.

Return to posts index

Brian Volland
on Nov 24, 2008 at 9:17:58 pm

So it isn't a poorly rendered no smoking sign? I guess I lost the office pool. Thanks for the quick reply, we will all sleep a little better tonight.

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Nov 24, 2008 at 9:33:33 pm

[Craig Seeman] "I'm going to get the tattoo behind my right ear. "

You've just spilled the beans. Everyone now knows that you'd never make it as a Sony gang member. Why? Because anyone who's anyone in the gang biz knows that you don't refer to a tattoo as a tattoo. It's called a "tat". But, whatdowhyknow.

[Craig Seeman] "I've heard some people have tested and found that although it's close it's not 100% accurate and can be impacted by such things as temperature. "

But Sony keeps harping on the fact that the lens isn't supposed to breathe. Another truth down the drain.

- Don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]