FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble copying files in BPAV to another drive

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Navarro Parker
Trouble copying files in BPAV to another drive
on Nov 6, 2008 at 4:07:31 pm

I'm running into Finder error -36 (I/O Error) when trying to copy my BPAV files from one HD to another. It seems like it's getting hung up on MP4 files.

These are new single 1TB drives. Reformatted the drive. Tried both internal and external enclosures. Tried both Finder and PathFinder copies. Ran Repair Permissions and DiskWarrior, no problems found. All files are unlocked and have the proper permissions (also tried "Ignore Permissions"). Even tried burning to a DVD. I just can't get these few files to copy over. Extremely frustrating as I want to get these files offline and archived.

Common sense would tell me that these files are somehow damaged, but XDCAM Clip Viewer can play them back fine.

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Trouble copying files in BPAV to another drive
on Nov 7, 2008 at 7:03:21 am

Hi Navarro,

I've never had that error come up and I've been transferring EX footage the same way you are for 11 months now. Must be be some sort of file corruption on those few .mp4 files. No, I don't know how to fix it, sorry. Perhaps someone else will help. I do know that Clip Browser v.2 will create a new BPAV folder for orphaned .mp4 files. Maybe you could try that out.

-Don

Return to posts index

David Issko
Re: Trouble copying files in BPAV to another drive
on Nov 7, 2008 at 9:02:02 pm

hi navarro,

it is best practice to transfer any ex recorded clips directly from your sxs cards via clip browser to the drive(s) of choice. within clip browser, you need to ensure that crc is checked on and i also transfer the clips with data protection checked on.

the clip browser will place the bpav folder in another folder that is dated. once complete, i change the dated folder's name for my job name.

this is the recommended way in which to move the bpav folder and contents as safely as possible. yes, i spend the time moving the files to at least 2 hard drives. clip browser allows you to do this transfer to one destinaton at a time.

if you have your clips on the sxs card still, try to transfer it to the destination disk via clip browser. if that does not work, you may have a hdd problem.

best of luck

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]