FORUMS: list search recent posts

Archiving data to PDW-F75

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch Jordan
Archiving data to PDW-F75
on Nov 5, 2008 at 11:09:38 pm

So, like others on this forum, I'm waiting for Sony to update the firmware for the U1 so I can use it to archive material to XDCam disk. In the interim, I would like to use our PDW-F75 deck to write to the disks. On page 85 of the manual, it talks about setting the deck up for File Access Mode. I did everything it said. However, when I try to back up my data to the disk- it will copy for awhile and then report "Error 36- some data may not be read or written". Sometimes it's a quicktime movie, sometimes a graphic file. Has anyone else tried this? Do I have a setting wrong somewhere? Every folder of data that I try to backup eventually gets an error and it all stops.

Part of our future plans is to archive graphics and data on the XDCam disks to clear them off the hard drives when they're no longer needed. However, we can't get it to work right now.

I'm working with a 2x 3.2 ghz Quad Core Intel Xeon and the deck is connected by firewire. Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

Kenton VanNatten
Re: Archiving data to PDW-F75
on May 19, 2009 at 3:26:05 pm

I'm also wanting to write data to a F75 for backups from a Unity and am looking into what my options are.

I am "subscribing" to this thread by responding here.

If anyone has gotten this to work, I'd appreciate your input.

Kenton VanNatten
Avid Editor (for hire)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]