FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony XDCAM Transfer

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Willetts
Sony XDCAM Transfer
on Nov 1, 2008 at 11:42:48 am

I'm new to working with the Sony EX-1 camera and FCP 6. I have downloaded the sony transfer plugin which is required to import the media into FCP. The problem I have is that all the clips come into the browser in random order. Is there a tick box or something obvious that I am missing to have the clips import in the order in which I filmed them??

Paul

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Sony XDCAM Transfer
on Nov 1, 2008 at 2:29:07 pm

[Paul Willetts] "Is there a tick box or something obvious that I am missing to have the clips import in the order in which I filmed them?? "

If there is I haven't been able to find one. I guess I've just learned to live with it, although I think that if you "select all" the list view in the bottom right window shows everything in sequential order.

Welcome to Creative COW, Paul.

- Don

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Nov 1, 2008 at 3:05:55 pm

I won't swear to it but I thought this was fixed with XDCAM Transfer 2.7. I need to double check this for I may be sorting it myself automatically.

Return to posts index

Paul Willetts
on Nov 1, 2008 at 4:06:08 pm

Thanks Don,
Tried that too. Not sure if it isn't a timecode issue. will check the settings on the camera. Makes for lots of sorting of clips before the post production process can begin is the only problem

Return to posts index

Dave Jenkins
on Nov 3, 2008 at 4:48:27 am

If you sort by name it works in 2.7

Dajen Productions
Santa Barbara, CA
Mac Pro 2.8 Octo - AJA Kona LHe
Huge 1.2 Raid
FCP 6.0.2-OS X 10.5.2-QT 7.4

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>