FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM Transfer situation...

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rob soucy
XDCAM Transfer situation...
on Oct 30, 2008 at 6:34:37 pm

So Im trying to transfer a clip that is marked incomplete. I can watch the whole clip in the xdcam preview window but when I try to transfer it its nothing. This is a 30 minute interview, wide shot master. I cant lose this clip. Anyone that can help would be a life AND money saver.

rob s

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: XDCAM Transfer situation...
on Oct 30, 2008 at 7:28:27 pm

Hi Rob,

Welcome to Creative COW.

I'm slightly confused:

[rob soucy] "So Im trying to transfer a clip that is marked incomplete."

AND:

[rob soucy] "I can watch the whole clip in the xdcam preview window "

You mean you can watch the entire "incomplete" clip but there's more to the clip that you can't watch. Am I on the right track here?

The clip is marked incomplete because your camera switched cards before you stopped recording this particular clip. In order to complete the clip you need to have the clips from the other card present in the transfer window. Once the program detects the presence of both of the clip pieces it will automatically join them and you can transfer/import the single clip to the .mov format for editing.

You can still transfer an incomplete clip by setting in and out points in the viewer window. This will create a new clip and convert just that portion to .mov format.

- Don

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: XDCAM Transfer situation...
on Oct 31, 2008 at 3:15:02 pm

Selecting the .SMI will bring all the parts.

Normally I make all the folders available, as Don says, and then Select All followed by Copy All. That's fool proof.

Of course if you're in a situation where you just want to import a portion of a spanned clip (or any clip), doing In and Out as Don says, works.

In XDCAM Transfer, if you look at the bottom right, you've also got check boxes to select one part of a spanned clip for rewrap to MOV.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]