FORUMS: list search recent posts

can't read BPAV folder

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ron darby
can't read BPAV folder
on Oct 26, 2008 at 8:38:09 pm

I have only completed a few projects with the EX3. I have always transfered the media to FCP via XDXAM transfer software. Then I copy the BPAV folder form the camera to an archive drive.
Today I tried to import (via XDCAN transfer) from the BPAV folder on my archive drive and internal drive into FCP. The XDCAN transfer says no clips and the clip folder is grayed out. When I check inside the BPAV folder it all appears to be there. I did not change anything in the BPAV folder. I am editing with footage that EDCAM tranfer imported, but it seems I do not have a workable archive at this time.

Please help me find out what I am doing wrong.

Aloha Ron Darby
I am off to a shoot and won't be back for a few hours

Mac OS X 10.5.4
2x2.66 Dual core
7 Gigs ram
4 internal 500gig drive
External WD My books 500 gig
FCP 6 0 4
Kona LHe

EX# 2 16 gig and 2 8 gig cards

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: can't read BPAV folder
on Oct 26, 2008 at 9:56:01 pm

Any BPAV folder must be contained within another folder before the Transfer Tool will see it. You can name the folder that contains the BPAV folder anything you want but the actual BPAV folder name cannot be altered or the Transfer Tool won't see it. Start the Transfer Tool and navigate to your BPAV folder by clicking on the "Add" button at the bottom left of the Transfer window. When you get to the container folder that you've named click on it but don't open it. The Transfer Tool will "see" the BPAV folder inside and start to display your clips.

- Don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]