FORUMS: list search recent posts

We need a SxS driver update for new MBP's ASAP

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
olof ekbergh
We need a SxS driver update for new MBP's ASAP
on Oct 21, 2008 at 1:00:31 pm

After a lot of testing, it is obvious that there is a driver conflict with SxS driver.

If uninstalled the 4 finger stuff works and boot is fast.

With it installed boot takes 8-10 minutes. And if you check Activity Monitor there is a task 0 that consumes 100-110% of cpu. This leads to running hot and quick draining of the battery.

It is like you can limp along but it is not right. We need a driver update for new MBP's ASAP.

Does anyone know who to contact at Sony?

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: We need a SxS driver update for new MBP's ASAP
on Oct 21, 2008 at 3:40:31 pm

Can't say I'm too surprised as this hardware is less than a week in the wild. But I also wouldn't say it's necessary to contact someone at Sony. They have a long working relationship with Apple and so I'm sure they're aware of the problem and an update will come as soon as is humanly possible.

-Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Oct 21, 2008 at 5:12:01 pm

[Noah Kadner] "They have a long working relationship with Apple and so I'm sure they're aware of the problem and an update will come as soon as is humanly possible."

The proof of that is the fact that Sony had all their EX software ready to go for the Mac and Final Cut Pro first and at least a month before the EX1 was even shipping. The creation date on my Clip Browser software is October 10, 2007.

- Don

Return to posts index

olof ekbergh
on Oct 21, 2008 at 6:57:17 pm

I actually talked to a Sony tech this morning. I sent them my syslog files and profiler xml.

They are working on patch.

They were very interested and helpfull.

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]