FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help with one clip that won't import to FCP

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Parke
Help with one clip that won't import to FCP
on Oct 13, 2008 at 6:35:50 pm

One of my clips won't load to FCP 6.0.4. When I attempt to import it, I get a file error. When I look at my backup files on another disk, there are .SMI, .MP4, .XML, .PPN and .BIM files for this clip. The only file with any size is the MP4, of course. When I open this with QuickTime, I get an error message that says "The movie cannot be opened. The movie contains invalid data."

Is there any recourse to recover the clip from these files? My SxS is long since been used and copied over where this clip resided.

Thanks for any insight on this . . .

Tom

G5 DP 2.5 GHz (yes I know, I need to replace!), XDCAM Transfer 2.5.1 was used.

Tom Parke
ProScan DP

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: Help with one clip that won't import to FCP
on Oct 13, 2008 at 6:38:47 pm

Did you copy the original BPAV folder to a drive and do you still have it? SMI tells me that you have a very long clip and it is broken up. What version of XD Cam Tranfers and Clip Browser do you have?

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Tom Parke
on Oct 13, 2008 at 8:37:21 pm

Thanks, for responding, Michael

It is XDCAM Transfer version 2.5.1. Since it's a G5, I think that is my only option, or at least the only method I have used thus far. Yes, I believe it must have been at the end of a longer clip so the first chip was full.

I still have the backup up BPAV folder, perhaps I need to pair it up with the clip just before it, just don't know how that works. In other clips that spanned two SxS chips, I was able to get them OK. I usually try to avoid this, as most do.

Tom

Tom Parke
ProScan DP

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Oct 13, 2008 at 8:44:49 pm

In XD Cam Transfer look into the Information/Logging window and see if there is SMI files that have check boxes next to them, if so check these boxes and transfer. You can find my email address under my profile and I give you a call if you send a contact number should you still need help.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Bill Kunitz
on Oct 14, 2008 at 9:23:33 pm

I've found a couple of issues with clips that span two cards. In some cases, the second half will have what appears to be a slug of black fronting the clip. In other cases XDCAM Transfer has ignored the first half of the clip. In both cases, I've found that if I use the subclip function to gather all the useable frames on both sides of the break and import only the subclips, it works fine and the two pieces match perfectly. But now, when the viewfinder flashes that it's about to change cards - and I'm not in the middle of a take - I just go ahead and switch cards. Too much hassle, otherwise.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]