FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony PDW-U1 on a network

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rene Borroto
Sony PDW-U1 on a network
on Oct 13, 2008 at 6:00:08 pm

Has anyone tried to connect the Sony PDW-U1 into a network? I realize it only has a USB interface, but can its files be shared over a network in Mac OSX while it's connected to a Mac host (like with a hard drive)? I tried the obvious and it did not show up as a drive on a Mac running OSX 10.4.11. Is there a special driver for this, or is the only option buying a XDCam deck with an ethernet interface?

René Borroto

René Borroto
Senior Editor
Multivision Video & Film

Return to posts index

David Smith
Re: Sony PDW-U1 on a network
on Oct 14, 2008 at 9:35:36 pm

Looks like you need Sony's Transfer software. From the Sony UK site:

"The PDW-U1 extends the IT credentials of XDCAM by offering a simple and portable drive that can be used with a PC or Mac for viewing purposes (using free Sony software) or full read/write* access with a compatible NLE."

and from a Sony US site:

"Once installed, the software enables FCP users to mount Professional Discs into the Mac's Finder by simply plugging in a Firewire/i.Link cable from an XDCAM camcorder or deck. Proxy A/V content can be browsed directly, and the full quality content imported into FCP. Edited sequences can be exported directly back onto a connected XDCAM disc."

The software download link is on the same page:
http://www.sonybiz.net/biz/view/ShowContent.action?site=biz_en_EU&contentId...

But your question remains..... once the disk is mounted on the finder, can it be accessed over your network?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]