FORUMS: list search recent posts

PMW - feeding picture into an external SD video monitor

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lawrence Robbin
PMW - feeding picture into an external SD video monitor
on Oct 7, 2008 at 3:49:35 pm

Anyone had any trouble feeding picture into an external SD video monitor using the BNC connection?

I'm not having any luck. I turned off the i-link in the menu. Any suggestions. Thanks

Return to posts index

Stephen May
Re: PMW - feeding picture into an external SD video monitor
on Oct 7, 2008 at 5:35:58 pm

For that job I did in a ballroom recording the governor and senator, etc. they wanted I-mag as well, and at first I assumed the BNC was the spigot but I was in a hurry, and the I-mag was a little last minute, and I didn't get it either (possibly it's only SDI) - so I decided to go with the break-outs, and your choices are Composite (AV breakout on side below handle - yellow RCA) or you can go component, RGB breakout.

I had to assign in the menu, but it worked fine. You will need to decide about crop or letterbox since the SD monitor is 4:3.

-Stephen

Stephen May
Keystone Media Productions
Freelance Videographer

Return to posts index

Lawrence Robbin
on Oct 8, 2008 at 5:09:54 pm

Thanks, Stephen, I will try your suggestion. Sounds like you didn't have any luck getting composite/bnc/SD from the PMW also.

LR

Return to posts index

David Issko
on Oct 8, 2008 at 8:56:43 pm

I am using the (SD) BNC monitor output from my EX3 for my 8mm telecine transfers. I have the output set to 4x3 centre cut. It worked first time and has worked every time since and I have transferred lots of films to DVD since I took delivery of my camera some weeks ago. No special settings other than centre cut.

David Issko

Return to posts index

Lawrence Robbin
on Oct 9, 2008 at 4:36:07 pm

David... To follow up on what you wrote:"I have the output set to 4x3 centre cut". Where is that in the menu? I would think it would in the Menu section called VIDEO SET. But I don't see "4x3 centre cut". I have just found on the bottom of page 118 of the manual there's a table called Limitations of Outputs. Later today, I'll see if that's helpful.... btw why do you go to 8mm telecine?
thx for the help

LR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]