FORUMS: list search recent posts

CF memory cards and the EX1 (w/1.11 firmware)

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eli Hollander
CF memory cards and the EX1 (w/1.11 firmware)
on Sep 28, 2008 at 8:55:47 pm

Any recent reports on successful combinations of inexpensive memory cards with the EX1? Are there card readers that allow you to close the door of the memory cards on the EX1 (I know that the Kensington card reader with Sandisk will not allow the door to close)...

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: CF memory cards and the EX1 (w/1.11 firmware)
on Sep 28, 2008 at 11:06:38 pm

Things seem to be leaning in the direction below as far as cards working in both SP and HQ modes (but not great results with S&Q). Keep in mind you must have firmware update 1.11 for the EX1. I haven't gotten the update yet myself.

There's still LOTS of torture testing going on though. I've heard the doors will close on EX3 but I'm not sure if I've heard that about the EX1

Kensington 7-in-1 expresscard reader
16 GB Sandisk Ultra II SDHC
16 GB Sandisk Extreme III SDHC

Return to posts index

Steven Thomas
Re: CF memory cards and the EX1 (w/1.11 firmware)
on Oct 3, 2008 at 3:16:24 am

Craig has the current working list.

No errors in three weeks in all HQ modes. Actually, it has a better track record than Sony's own PHU-60K which one user returned three drives all having memory restore errors. He reported that he now owns the Kensington with 16GB Ultra 15MB/s version SDHC cards with NO problems.

The 32GB Ultra II 15MB/s version is about to be released any day. These can be bought for $150! It has not been confirmed to work, but based on it has the same specs as the 16GB Ulra II 15MB/s, I'm willing to be it works.

True the door does not close on the EX1 with this combo inserted, but either does Sony's PHU-60K allow it to close. It closes on the EX3.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]