FORUMS: list search recent posts

video taping a LCD screen and moirés

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Bollenbacher
video taping a LCD screen and moirés
on Sep 17, 2008 at 2:25:01 am

Hey There,

I was shooting some footage of someone working on a computer that was hooked up to a LCD monitor, . I had varying degrees of moiré on the screen depending on focal length etc, and was wondering if there were any best practices for doing this, besides using recording software like Camtasia?
This was all shot with an EX-1 in 1080i HQ

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

David Issko
Re: video taping a LCD screen and moirés
on Sep 17, 2008 at 4:49:15 am

Hi John,

I just did this last week. I shot the LCD screen with my EX camera and all I did to stop the patterning was to ever so carefully defocus the camera just to eliminate the patteerning. The end result was superb, even with small text on screen.

Worked like a charm. Client over the moon!!! Not sure how the results would have compared with my V1 or my old DXC-D50/DVCAM recorder.

I dis the entire edit in HD as well and will be shown on National TV here in Australia shortly. Shame I had to integrate it with 4x3 footage so the end result is in 4x3. Still a superb end result.

Cheers
David Issko

Return to posts index

John Bollenbacher
on Sep 17, 2008 at 2:46:59 pm

Thanks David,

I did notice the change as I rolled the focus; but I guess I was too hardwired to always go slightly off focus. Will remember for the future. Cheers.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Sep 17, 2008 at 3:31:33 pm

I wonder if the Detail setting might have been another way to handle this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]