FORUMS: list search recent posts

SxS transfer problem

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
david barron
SxS transfer problem
on Sep 14, 2008 at 12:09:23 pm

Footage from my EX1 cant be seen on my iMac (2.8Ghz intel core 2 duo - 4GB mem -Mac OS X10.5.2) either by USB from camera or USB from card reader. I have XDCam Transfer V2.5.1 and Quicktime 7.4.1. I can hear audio but the QT window is white. No joy in Clip Browser V2 either

I have a Mac Book with all the above installed and have no problem with importing XDCam files.

I feel its a software incompatibility connected with Quicktime or a setting within the imac.

Any clues

Kind regards

David

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: SxS transfer problem
on Sep 14, 2008 at 2:21:07 pm

HAVE YOU INSTALLED THE SxS driver?

https://servicesplus.us.sony.biz/sony-software-model-SXSDRIVERS.aspx

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Sep 14, 2008 at 2:48:34 pm

Final Cut Pro 6.0.2 or higher?

Personally I'd update to OS 10.5.4 and QT 7.5.5 too unless you have good reason not to.

Return to posts index

David barron
on Sep 14, 2008 at 3:16:12 pm

Final Cut Pro 6.0.2 or higher? ...cool! I'll give that a go.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Sep 14, 2008 at 3:21:37 pm

[David barron] "Final Cut Pro 6.0.2 or higher?"

If you don't have that you don't have the EX codec. I believe it's in the system specs in one of the manuals.

When posting about any issue it's important to list ALL versions of software (and hardware in some cases) you're using so we can suggest solutions more quickly.

Return to posts index

David Issko
on Sep 16, 2008 at 6:04:19 pm

Also, update to Sony XDCAM transfer version 2.7
David Issko

Return to posts index

Jody Eldred
on Oct 7, 2008 at 8:29:20 pm

I uninstalled a previous version of the SxS driver, downloaded a newer one and it will not install. I get the message, "Nothing to install".

This happens with downloaded driver installers and the one on the CD that came with my EX3.

MacBook Pro, everything updated properly, was working fine before this, now it will not recognize my cards.

HELP!

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jody Eldred
on Oct 7, 2008 at 8:30:54 pm

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Oct 7, 2008 at 8:56:32 pm

Jody, where are you seeing this "new" driver on the web?

Sony US site still shows the driver as 1.0.
https://servicesplus.us.sony.biz/sony-software-model-SXSDRIVERS.aspx

In many cases if you download a new piece of software and you get a "nothing to install" message, it's because there's something in the receipts folder in your system from the previous install that the installer script is checking.

Looking there I do see receipts on my system for various aspects of XDCAM Transfer, Clip Browser and FAM. I don't doubt there's something for the driver. Somewhere there should be an installer log that might tell you were and what the mystery file is.

But as far as I know there's been no update to the driver.

Return to posts index

Jody Eldred
on Oct 9, 2008 at 7:11:06 pm

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the info.

I was a beta tester for Sony on the camera and software (you'd think I'd know more!) so I've had "development" versions until recently. I was simply trying to upgrade to the "real deal", but my uninstall of the older one clearly wasn't thorough.

Can you recommend a methodology to get all the old stuff off there so I can do a clean install of the software? I don't even know where to look for receipts or whatever...

Many thanks,

Jody

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Oct 9, 2008 at 9:00:19 pm

[Jody Eldred] "I don't even know where to look for receipts or whatever... "

Macintosh HD/Library/Receipts
I've got several related to Sony XDCAM installs.

What I have in that folder that seems XDCAM related are:
ClipBrowser.pkg (Using Get Info on it shows a Creation Date of Wednesday, July 16, 2008 12:32 AM, and Version 2.00.29)
FAM Driver Tool.pkg
FAM Driver.pkg
XDCAM EX Log and Transfer Plugin 1.0.pkg
XDCAM Transfer Plugins.pkg
XDCAM Transfer Presets.pkg
XDCAM Transfer.pkg

I can look for creation dates and versions on the others but it is possible that the script is seeing the ClipBrowser package even if it's an earlier version and not installing the newer one. I vaguely remember somewhere with the Sony ClipBrowser installer (and/or XDCAM Transfer) to remove earlier versions before installing but I don't remember specifically about the receipts). My own trouble shooting experience on installs tells me that install scripts can fail if the see the receipt but don't identify the version of the receipt.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]