FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clip Browser issue...

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Schott
Clip Browser issue...
on Sep 14, 2008 at 3:08:46 am

So I went on a shoot. Every hour (18 hours of footage, by the way- 6 episodes) of footage I'd go to my laptop, use both the Transfer and Clip Browser. The Transfer program to get the clips into .mov, the Clip Browser to get the BPAV file for future use. Spent the time to to transfer all the clips through Clip Browser, burn, the whole kit-and-kaboodle. I went to check some of the disks and some of the clips are unreadable. Seems completely random as to the clips I can access and those I can't. I'm using Clip Browser 2.0. Any suggestions? I did only use a Verbatim DL disk, not the "Sony" XD disks, but I've read several people not having issues with other DL disks. Anyone else with this?

When you've got family, everything else is extra.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Clip Browser issue...
on Sep 14, 2008 at 3:55:45 am

You haven't mentioned what exactly is your workflow.
I use ClipBrowser2 to copy BPAV from SxS to hard drive first. I make sure CRC checking is enabled. It slows the transfer but ensures the clips on the hard drive are viable copies. I then use Clip Browser2 to split the folders if they won't fit on DVD DL. After that is done I use Toast to copy the folders to DL-DVD. For extra security you can have Toast run a verification pass after copying.

Return to posts index

Chris Babbitt
on Sep 14, 2008 at 6:28:21 am

Craig,

Why do you prefer using the Clip Browser to copy the BPAV folder vs. just dragging it over to your hard drive?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Sep 14, 2008 at 7:24:55 am

[Chris Babbitt] "Why do you prefer using the Clip Browser to copy the BPAV folder vs. just dragging it over to your hard drive?
"

Because it does CRC checking and these are masters.

Return to posts index

Chris Babbitt
on Sep 14, 2008 at 3:00:37 pm

Thanks Craig. I'll give that a try.

Return to posts index

Stephen Schott
on Sep 15, 2008 at 3:24:58 pm

I go straight from SxS cards to DL disk. I put in a blank disk. I open up Clip Browser. I copy them straight to the DL DVD, then I burn it within Finder. I noticed that the Split button wasn't working... is that due to me not transfering to a hard-drive first?

When you've got family, everything else is extra.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]