FORUMS: list search recent posts

OT - TV Logic Field monitor calibration

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Pierce
OT - TV Logic Field monitor calibration
on Sep 6, 2008 at 2:43:27 pm

Sorry for being so off-topic but I wasn't sure where else to post this question.

I've recently bought a very nice TV Logic 7" SDI field monitor (LVM-071W). The only trouble is, I can't figure out how to calibrate it. Every monitor I've ever used, I simply adjusted to NTSC bars using the blue only option. This gets me very close to what the image will look like in the edit suite. Using bars from the EX1, the TV Logic appears to be perfect with the blue only, all the bars lined up, but the actual images look a tad washed out and greenish. I've adjusted the green back (using user preset) but I don't like that I can't really trust the monitor calibrating it in the field the way I've always done. Anyone else out there had this issue? Maybe I'm not using the rec 709 bars properly.
Thanks!
Bob

Mac Pro 2.66 - 8GB memory - Mac OS 10.5.2 - Quicktime 7.4.5 -
Mac Book Pro 2.33 Duo -
FC Studio 2 (Final Cut 6.0.3) - Kona Lhe
Adobe Production Suite CS3 -
Sony Multiformat 14" - Panasonic 42" Plasma -
Ikegami HLDV7 - PVW EX-1

Return to posts index

Brian Young
Re: OT - TV Logic Field monitor calibration
on Sep 7, 2008 at 2:37:49 pm

i'm curious on this as well since i'm leaning toward a tv logic purchase in the near future...

Brian Young
Miami Beach
http://www.flacaproductions.com

Return to posts index

Bob Pierce
Re: OT - TV Logic Field monitor calibration
on Sep 7, 2008 at 8:25:15 pm

I pretty much have it looking good now. From the factory, the colors just looked washed out, but having a properly calibrated studio monitor to compare it to, I fiddled with the RGB gain and bias and got it pretty much spot on. It's a sweet little monitor, built like a tank. The waveform and vectorscope is really nice. Very readable. It's a bit frustrating how much you lose being off-axis. Not sure if the panny is any better in that respect. Overall I'm very happy with it. Good luck...
Bob

Mac Pro 2.66 - 8GB memory - Mac OS 10.5.2 - Quicktime 7.4.5 -
Mac Book Pro 2.33 Duo -
FC Studio 2 (Final Cut 6.0.3) - Kona Lhe
Adobe Production Suite CS3 -
Sony Multiformat 14" - Panasonic 42" Plasma -
Ikegami HLDV7 - PVW EX-1

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]