FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM EX-1 System Crash/Freezing ??

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Spencer Kiernan
XDCAM EX-1 System Crash/Freezing ??
on Aug 31, 2008 at 1:28:01 pm

I am using a brand new XDCAM EX-1 for the first time, and it keeps freezing up after only a few minutes of use. The problem happens in both stand-by and record mode. And it's happening constantly (every 5-10 mins or so). Has anyone else experienced this?

We thought it might be a power problem, but it happens both with Lithium Ion Battery use as well as with wall connector power adapter use. When it freezes, the entire camera becomes non-functional and none of the buttons will respond, including the ON/OFF switch. The only way to restore camera functionality is by disconnecting the power source (which I'm assuming cannot be good for the camera). We also thought it might be a firmware issue, and from the looks of it, we are running the original firmware and not the update.

Your help in advance is greatly appreciated. We are at the beginning of a 2 week shoot and are pretty desperate to make this work (We've already had to cancel a day and can't afford to do it anymore).

Thanks again,
Spencer

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: XDCAM EX-1 System Crash/Freezing ??
on Aug 31, 2008 at 3:15:09 pm

Where did you purchase it? Sounds like a bad unit that needs to be swapped out. Some dealers will do this for you.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
on Sep 1, 2008 at 7:18:44 am

I'm with Noah. If you purchased from a reputable dealer, they will ship a new camera and you return the one you have. If you bought from B&H, you're probably screwed.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Return to posts index

arnljot bringedal
on Sep 1, 2008 at 5:16:43 pm

The B&H comment:

I have recently started buying alot from them.
Mainly because they ship fast - and are reasonably prized...

Do you have problems with them?

I have never had to send back anything yet, so just curios as to how that would be received.....

*** Norwegian videojournalist & Editor***

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]