FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX3 SDI Output 23.98

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tasos Mentzelopoulos
EX3 SDI Output 23.98
on Aug 21, 2008 at 9:56:50 am

I would like it very much if I could get the EX3 to output HDSDI at 23.98. Somebody on the CML Prosumer list said it was possible but I've yet to discover how. Is there a firmware upgrade required or perhaps hidden menus that I am missing out on?
If anybody could help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Tasos Mentzelopoulos
DIT Vancouver BC

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
Re: EX3 SDI Output 23.98
on Aug 22, 2008 at 8:10:48 am

It's coming in a firmware upgrade but not yet, to my knowledge. I am definitely waiting for this to happen - SOON!

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Aug 22, 2008 at 11:58:00 am

I've heard about the firmware upgrade. Unfortunately it will not be user installable (because Sony doesn't want it that way). It's version 1.11. It supposedly includes more shutter speed selections. I also understand it will not be free ($100 from what I understand). When you consider the cost of shipping, insurance, upgraded cost, taking the camera out of commission for a couple of weeks, this is very expensive.

Return to posts index

Mariusz Cichon
on Aug 27, 2008 at 11:57:16 pm

Hi,

Original question was about EX-3 which can right now output 23.98fps over SDI (in OTHER menu change Genlock to 23.98).
Upgrade will be coming to EX-1 that will enable that function as well.

Mariusz

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Aug 28, 2008 at 12:57:52 am

Thanks for that. The number of EX3 users are still scarce yet. One would guess it was implemented from the get go on the EX3 but Sony's been a bit "odd" about firmware and the EX series so far. EX1 have 1.0.2, 1.0.3, 1.0.5 that I know of and each version fixed some bugs but Sony hasn't offered them at all unless you happen to send in the EX reporting an issue.

I'm wondering if everyone getting EX3 are getting the same firmware. tangential to original issue but I'm curious because it may mean different issue reports based on firmware. I was thinking this might be one of them since the OP mentioned a firmware upgrade.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]