FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is this possible ??

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harcharan Singh
Is this possible ??
on Aug 20, 2008 at 7:46:05 am

Hi,
Just wondering if the HD-SDI output from EX3 can be recorded on the new Panasonic AJ-HPM110 field recorder with 4:2:2.Has anyone tried and if yes what was the quality of the footage ?Here are some specs of the AJ-HPM110:

Like its successor, the AJ-HPM100, the portable AJ-HPM110 P2 Mobile solid-state recorder/player is ideal for use in the field, in mobile vehicles or in the studio. It offers master quality recording and playback in a wide range of high definition formats, including 1080p (native), 1080i and 720p, and in standard definition.

The ultra-reliable AJ-HPM110 records in independent-frame DVCPRO HD/50/25 and DV formats as well as master-quality, full-raster 1920 x 1080 AVC-Intra (with optional board), and is designed to work with virtually any professional camera system, from tape-based digital cameras to high-end cinema cameras with 1080/24PsF output (in full-raster 1920 x 1080 or 1280 x 720). Equipped with the comprehensive features found in its predecessor, the AJ-HPM100, the AJ-HPM110 adds native 1080/24p recording, 1080/24PsF input/output, multiple frame rate recording, 24p pull-down removal .

If this is silly pardon me ????Thks

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: Is this possible ?? YES
on Aug 20, 2008 at 1:37:55 pm

I believe the answer is YES.
I used theAJ-HPM110 P2 Mobile recorder with the Toshiba lip stick cameras for a new show. I don't believe DVC Pro can record a full raster 1080 signal. The Toshiba only sends a 1920x1080 60i signal and I believe the P2 Mobile recorded it as 1280x1080. I will say we used it in extremely hot weather the Death Valley with 2 units in side 3 cars and they only issue was the batteries so I rigged 3 new deep cells with and inverter and they ran all day. The outside temp was 122 degrees so the inside could have been over 150 and they worked for three days in this heat.

Another choice that is just starting to ship is the Convergent Design Flash XDR compact flash HD-SDI recorder. It uses much lower power consumption while allow you to choose the compression level.
http://www.convergent-design.com/downloads/Flash%20XDR%20Brochure.pdf

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]