FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM on FCP

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
duncan mcdade
XDCAM on FCP
on Aug 16, 2008 at 1:28:07 pm

Hi,

Using PMW-EX3 with a FCP 6.0.4 on a MacBook Pro (2.4GHz, 4GB SDRAM). Just shot a bit of test footage (30 VBR), looks fine on a monitor. But on XDCAM transfer app, quicktime or in FCP when camera moves the picture judders and on 1080i the horizontal lines are very visible.
Only producing an assembly edit so it fine to cut together, but obviously want to make sure that the footage on the hard drive is full quality. Any ideas?
Thanks,

Duncan

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: XDCAM on FCP
on Aug 16, 2008 at 3:40:27 pm

It could be the computer is scaling the image. To monitor properly send output to an HD monitor or an HDTV. I use DVI to HDMI cable and send to an HDTV. While not color calibrated, it gives me a good sense of what it really looks like. Computer monitors are progressive and certainly some computers may struggle decoding "full screen" MPEG 2 Long GOP.

Return to posts index

olof ekbergh
on Aug 16, 2008 at 3:41:46 pm

That is how interlaced footage looks on a progressive computer monitor.

View it on a NTSC monitor to be sure.

Westside A V Studios

Return to posts index

duncan mcdade
on Aug 18, 2008 at 6:57:01 am

Great, thanks, we have a broadcast monitor, so ill give that a go. Just wanted to make sure that the image wasn't being compressed on the camera or transfer. In central asia at the moment so there isnt many post houses. Just want to make sure I am backing it all up, so I guess the best way is to copy everything of the cards as well as the .mov transfers for FCP.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]