FORUMS: list search recent posts

Upgrading…

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel De Avila
Upgrading…
on Aug 13, 2008 at 2:03:11 pm

Hello

Looking for some opinions regarding upgrading my NLE setup. I had a quick search prior to this but didn’t seem to find anything relevant.

The majority of my workflow now revolves around the EX1. In addition to some Digibeta and HDV, these two being captured via SDI.

However, I would like to take more advantage of the progressive scan images produced by my EX1. Specifically: 1080 25p and 720 25p along with the PAL interlaced equivalent for 1080 - 1080 50i.

My current setup doesn’t cater to 25p very well and I was looking for other options.

So I guess I’m looking for a card upgrade, one that worked well with interlaced and progressive footage shot on an EX1 as well a recommendation for monitoring the footage. Preferably with my apple 23 inch LCD monitor.

Current equipment:
BlackMagic Multi-bridge extreme - monitoring via DVI output to a 23inch apple monitor.
JVC SDI monitor for SD signal via SDI.

Sincerely
Daniel

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Upgrading…
on Aug 13, 2008 at 8:52:47 pm

Matrox MXO2 might be a solution. I don't own one but it's something I'm looking at.

http://www.matrox.com/video/en/products/mxo2/

Return to posts index

Daniel De Avila
Re: Upgrading…
on Aug 14, 2008 at 6:01:43 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. I own a Matrox MXO and the MXO2 seems promising. However, I have been having problems getting it the MXO to work well with my MacBook Pro and as such I’m hesitant to think about the MXO2. To be fair, the technical problems I’m getting are probably more due to user error than the hardware. Hmmm…food for thought.

I’m still interested in how other people are using the 25p EX1 footage with FCP, if at all.
It seems like a somewhat neglected frame rate…

Sincerely
Daniel

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]