FORUMS: list search recent posts

ex-1 xdcam timeline playback glitch

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glenn Hodgins
ex-1 xdcam timeline playback glitch
on Aug 7, 2008 at 6:28:02 pm

I used xdcam transfer to import clips to my FCP timeline, edited & now want to make a NTSC dv copy of timeline. I used print to video & all was well for 21 minutes or so when video output freezes at my camcorder & timeline & stops.After this 30 second sequence(tail of long 20 minute take) it plays normally again but will not playback this 30 second sequence even with dv output(external video)checked off.Anyone know why video stops? or workaround?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: ex-1 xdcam timeline playback glitch
on Aug 7, 2008 at 6:33:01 pm

With more info I could narrow this down to any number of a hundred issues.

Export as self contained movie. Create New Project with a new sequence, Import movie. Play out from that project. Make sure the hard drive with the source file has at least 20% free space. Make sure there are no other applications or significant background processes running.

Return to posts index

Glenn Hodgins
on Aug 8, 2008 at 3:44:49 am

Craig,
Thanks! That solved it for me. My drive was about half full so don't get why it was consistently freezing...

Glenn Hodgins http://www3.sympatico.ca/fravensbergen/

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Aug 8, 2008 at 4:16:54 am

[Glenn Hodgins] "My drive was about half full so don't get why it was consistently freezing..."

Sometimes during a print to video session you'll run into problems if you've got a lot of audio tracks in the sequence. Using the audio mixdown command with FCP usually solves it. Assuming that's what your issue was, exporting a self contained movie and importing that works just as well but just takes more time.

- Don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]