FORUMS: list search recent posts

Disc to Disc copies of XDCAM disc

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark S Copley
Disc to Disc copies of XDCAM disc
on Aug 4, 2008 at 6:43:46 pm

Has anyone successfully made duplicate copies of their XDCAM HD discs. If so please elaborate. I searched the archives and found nothing. TIA

Return to posts index

Ray Raley
Re: Disc to Disc copies of XDCAM disc
on Aug 4, 2008 at 7:39:35 pm

Mark,
I have successfully made clones several times. I used a PDW-F75 as the "writing" deck and a PDW-U1 as the "reader." I used the PDZ-1 software. Use the "Tools" dropdown and you will see FTP and FAM disc copy. I am not in front of the software, but I think I used FAM. The help file pointed me to the right choice. It is not the fastest transfer, but it is a clone, all the way to the disc name.

Hopefully the promised drivers update at NAB for U1 will give is write capability 4Q 2008.

Return to posts index

Mark S Copley
on Aug 4, 2008 at 8:14:09 pm

Ray are you using this software on the Mac or PC? I assume this will work with the 70 also.

Return to posts index

Ray Raley
on Aug 5, 2008 at 4:56:43 pm

It was on a PC, XP Pro. The XDCAM transfer software for the Mac does not have this functionality. You will need the drivers for the U1 and the 70 installed before all this.

PDZ1 Optical XDCAM Proxy Browsing Software and FAM Driver (WIN) version 2.3 is the latest version.
https://servicesplus.us.sony.biz/sony-software-model-PDZ1.aspx

The USB driver for the U1 is still version 1.0 and came on a CD with our drive. Hope this helps! Ray

Return to posts index

Kenton VanNatten
on Jun 9, 2011 at 7:20:44 pm

I've got an XDCam disc that we have been using to Master finished programs to for posterity. I normally just do the File>Export to Device>XDCam and then it goes onto the PDW-U1.

One disc in particular sounds like there is something loose inside the case when you shake it, maybe one of the springs or something? So, I've decided that I want to copy the contents of this disc to another disc, effectively making a clone of it.

I copied the contents of the failing/at risk disc to my local Mac hard drive, then Formatted the new disc with the PDW-U1 Utility, which generates the standard XDcam folder structure. It seems that once the folder structure is created though, you can't just copy the old disc contents onto the new disc.

So, the question is... does anyone know of a way to do a Clone of an XDCam disc? I'm on a Mac, and have the U1 Utility and XDCam Transfer apps at my disposal. I'm also sort of familiar with using Terminal commands to copy items.

Thanks in advance.

Kenton VanNatten
Avid Editor (for hire)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]