FORUMS: list search recent posts

ex1 workflow w/xdcam transfer

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Raizman
ex1 workflow w/xdcam transfer
on Aug 3, 2008 at 7:00:56 pm

Just got my ex1 and did my first shoot of a one and a half hour performance onto two 16gb cards. I recorded the whole thing in one shot without interruption. When I imported the first card into fcp via xdcam transfer I was able to select the clip (made up of 4 or 5 subclips) and import it into fcp as one file. I didn't select any of the subclips. Then I put the second card in and it wouldn't let me import the clip (import is grayed out). I can only import the subclips. It would be great to be able to have one complete clip from the second card as opposed to 4 short clips. Am I doing this right or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Dave

Dave Raizman
Springboard Media
springboardhd.com
802-279-6596

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: ex1 workflow w/xdcam transfer
on Aug 3, 2008 at 10:40:07 pm

Hi Dave,

You need to have both cards' media available in the Transfer Tool window before the spanned clip can be imported. You can do this two ways.

Copy the BPAV folders from both cards to a hard drive and then navigate to those two folders within the the Sony Transfer Tool app. Once the Transfer program sees the completed clip you can choose to import it to another folder in one shot. Keep the two BPAV folders unaltered and separated into two other folders, otherwise the first one will get overwritten by the second one.

Or you can use the EX as a deck connected to your computer via USB. Make sure both cards are mounted on the desktop and then launch the Sony Transfer app. The program will see the two cards along with the spanned clip and import it.

Hope this helps.

- Don

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Aug 3, 2008 at 11:08:21 pm

Another way of saying the same thing.

Once you've copied both BPAV folders to your hard drive (each in a separate folder).
Add both folders to XDCAM Transfer.
Select both folder
Import All.

That "last" SMI file will pull in ALL the clips. If you select that last SMI after removing that first folder it can not select all the clips and of course it will be grayed out.

You are importing the clips in two parts and you should not be doing that. You are likely selecting that last SMI which can't link to the first folder.

One ring to rule them all, one SMI to link them all (or something like that).

Return to posts index

Dave Raizman
on Aug 4, 2008 at 8:39:55 pm

Thanks for your help. That's exactly what I needed to know.

Dave

Dave Raizman
Springboard Media
springboardhd.com
802-279-6596

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]