FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX-1 Footage - After Effects

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Frank
EX-1 Footage - After Effects
on Jul 31, 2008 at 10:16:51 pm

Hi, I'm using the EX-1 Cam. My software currently is the adobe production bundle on a mac pro. I will be upgrading to FCP shortly. I use my EX footage in premiere pro with no problem. But I can't use my footage in after effects. I know that after effects doesnt natively support EX footage and I have to convert it first. I downloaded the clip browser 2.0 and I'm having no luck. Can someone please help me. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: EX-1 Footage - After Effects
on Jul 31, 2008 at 11:12:07 pm

Export to uncompressed or ProRes and you'll be fine- assuming it's all staying on a Mac.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Daniel Frank
on Aug 1, 2008 at 2:03:07 am

Yea all the footage will remain on the mac, its just that everytime I export from premiere pro I feel like a real quality loss hits, maybe its just me being too picky. But I will try exporting uncompressed AVI.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Aug 1, 2008 at 7:58:29 am

Wouldn't bother with AVI, QuickTime uncompressed 10-bit or TIF sequence would be the best bet. Of course you must understand you're already coming from a fairly high level of compression at 35 Mbit from the camera so be realistic.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

David Bispham
on Aug 1, 2008 at 3:41:18 pm

If I use the Sony XDCAM Transfer app, and get the video files off the cards and turn them into MOVs, I can then bring them into AE.

Maybe because I have FCP 6.02 on the Mac that I can do this and it has installed the correct codecs for this to work.
Either way the video files do not go into FCP at all and there isn't any exporting.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]