FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clip naming in FCP XDCam transfer

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch Jordan
Clip naming in FCP XDCam transfer
on Jul 31, 2008 at 2:42:34 pm

We just bought 2 F-355 XDCam's, and we're using v. 2.7 of Sony's Transfer software to import clips into FCP. My question is about naming the clips. I would like to be able to give each clip an individual name that makes more sense than "C0065". I would like to name them once, on the disk, and have every version of that clip keep that name. This is in case we need to revisit that project in the years ahead.

My problem is that if I name the clip in the "Information" window of the Sony Transfer software, it changes the name on the disk but not on the clip that gets copied to FCP and the Mac. If I rename the clip in the "Logging" window, it changes the name for FCP and the Mac but not on the disk. I really don't want to name every clip twice. Is there a simple solution that I've missed? Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

David Rich
Re: Clip naming in FCP XDCam transfer
on Jan 30, 2009 at 3:04:47 pm

I have the same problem/question. Have you received any good bits of advice? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Mitch Jordan
on Jan 30, 2009 at 3:17:32 pm

My problem was in the preferences in the XDCam Transfer program. Under "Import", "Add clip title" was checked, and you should leave it unchecked. You also need to check the "Operation" menu in the camera. Make sure under "Clip Title" that "Title" is enabled and under "File Naming" that "Naming Form" is "Free". That unlocks it from only doing "C****". Now, rename clips in the XDCam Transfer program under the "Information" tab, and it will write the new name to the disk.

Return to posts index

David Rich
on Jan 30, 2009 at 6:32:38 pm

Return to posts index

David Rich
on Jan 30, 2009 at 6:34:49 pm

Thanks. I unchecked "add clip title", but the problem is that I own an EX-1, so the menus are different. I couldn't find any way to make similar changes in the camera.

Anyone familiar with this problem who works with an EX-1 or EX-3?

Thanks,

David Rich

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jan 30, 2009 at 6:54:53 pm

I have EX1, I'm not what you mean about menus being different. I don't think there's any difference regarding clip naming.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]