FORUMS: list search recent posts

PMW EX 3 Wide angle zoom

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Romanis
PMW EX 3 Wide angle zoom
on Jul 30, 2008 at 4:36:11 am

Is anyone aware of a wide angle zoom being developed by Fujinon exclusively for the PMW EX 3?
I'm not referring to the 1/2" 3.3mm zoom that is currently available, but a purpose built lens for the PMW EX 3.
I read an on line review of a pre production version of the camera that mentioned this, but got shrugged shoulders when I asked SONY Australia about it.
Thanks.
Matthew.

Return to posts index

Denis O'Keefe
Re: PMW EX 3 Wide angle zoom
on Jul 31, 2008 at 1:08:22 pm

There is a mention of this lens on the bloom forum (http://www.hostingphpbb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=365&mforum=philipbloom).
I need it. Now.

Return to posts index

Matthew Romanis
on Jul 31, 2008 at 6:38:05 pm

Thanks Denis,
I got confirmation back late yesterday from another source at SONY that this was true. No release or pricing info yet though.
Matthew.

Return to posts index

David Issko
on Aug 2, 2008 at 9:23:06 am

Hi Matthew,

The lens has been an upcoming option for the EX3 for many months. It is mentioned in the current EX brochure that has been available for months. It is called XS8X4AS-XB8 and has an EX mount for direct connection to the body like the supplied lens.

Sony Australia ALWAYS shrug their shoulders about anything Sony!!! Just check their current broadcast website. Totally useless, just like their pricing policy compared to most other parts of the world. Good place to rip us off. Try sonybiz.net for the most up to date info. Million times better.

Hope this helps.

I'm looking forward to buying an EX3 shortly.

Best wishes
David Issko

Return to posts index

Marx franzen
on Sep 19, 2008 at 7:40:58 am

Hi.
Does the wide angle adapter Sony VCL-EX0877 0.8x match on EX3?
Its not good enough?
B&H said yes. Ive bought but i couldnt test it yet.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Clint Fleckenstein
on Dec 11, 2008 at 4:19:00 pm

Seems to me it would work; it's a bayonet mount just like the lens hood on the stock lens. Everyone's saying that the EX3 lens is the EX1 lens, but removable. I plan to get one of these for an EX3 if we add one to our arsenal; I can't justify $4000 (according to Sony website) for the full wide-angle lens, as little as we use it.

Cf

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]