FORUMS: list search recent posts

BC-U1 / BP U-60 (EX1) New Battery Blues

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raymond Kujawa
BC-U1 / BP U-60 (EX1) New Battery Blues
on Jul 23, 2008 at 7:37:05 pm

We just bought two EX1s and ten BP U60s.

The problem. We fully charged the (new) batteries, but when inserted, the camera does not power up with any reliability. It is a hit and miss affair. We can take the battery that powers up camera1 switch it to camera2 which does not power up, then take the same battery back to camera1 which will then not power again. The LCD "battery check" indicates a full charge.

We did return the battery to the charger to top off the charge for 20-30 seconds, and that seems to work. Currently we are draining the batteries and will recharge them.

When we did the original charge on the new batteries, 5 were charged until the BC-1 indicated a full charge. The others were left on the charger overnight.

Are we suffering the quirks of new batteries?

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: BC-U1 / BP U-60 (EX1) New Battery Blues
on Jul 23, 2008 at 7:55:09 pm

[Raymond Kujawa] "Are we suffering the quirks of new batteries? "

Probably not the batteries. Another poster here had the same issue and it turned out to be a camera problem. I'm pretty sure it was a contact alignment issue between the battery and camera.

Read the link below:

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/142/859063

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I think you'll end up sending your problem camera to Sony Repair before this issue is resolved.

- Don

Return to posts index

Raymond Kujawa
on Jul 23, 2008 at 8:36:34 pm

Thanks for the quick reply Don. I appreciate the link too.
Best regards,
R.

Return to posts index

Denis O'Keefe
on Jul 24, 2008 at 12:46:47 pm

I followed this thread and see that Ronn has the connector to run the brick battery to the EX 1.
I've been looking for a way to use my Anton Bauer batteries with the EX 1 ( without spending a fortune for a new AB plate - I already have a few). I see from the earlier post he found a cable with the proper DC plug for the camera.
Is someone selling the adaptorit or if it is a soldering job? I have the plates, the camera and the will -- I just can't find the plug.

Return to posts index

ronn kilby
on Jul 26, 2008 at 8:42:00 pm

FYI I just updated the "Battery SNAFU" thread - it may help you if you have this problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]