FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX 3 -Which hardcase for travel?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Zwicker
EX 3 -Which hardcase for travel?
on Jul 23, 2008 at 2:58:32 am

My EX 3 Arrived today-in time for me to do a job out of state next week.
Great news for my budget.
Now I have to figure out which hardcase to buy for traveling.
Any suggestions for one deep enough to handle this fat puppy?
Extra room for batteries. charger, additional lens(?) may come in handy.
Pelican 1690 or Porta Brace PB2850 or???

Camera is approx 18"x11"x9"high with shotgun mounted (16" long without shotgun).

Paul

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: EX 3 -Which hardcase for travel?
on Jul 23, 2008 at 7:48:31 pm

Paul, you're in uncharted territory here because I think you're the first person to post here that has actually received their EX3. The two camera case makers you mentioned are both very good. I know you can buy Pelican cases with big foam inserts that you can customize and dig out just the right amount of room for the camera plus accessories (if there's room left over).

Good luck.

- Don

Return to posts index

Paul Zwicker
on Jul 24, 2008 at 2:38:24 am

I kinda figured I'd be plucking foam for this camera. I need to travel it next week so I grabbed a Pelican case a local vendor had in stock.
The EX 3 appears to need to rest on its bottom for travel with its heavy viewfinder. That requires a deep case.
I went with a model 1640. My old boss helped me and we made sure the viewfinder had support.
Large and nearly square, it does the job. I have in it the camera, 8.4" LCD, Hoodman, AB T2 charger,2 TrimPak 14's,
Dual wireless system, Sony charger, 2 Sony BPU 60's, 1 BPU 30, 320 G hard drive, shotgun, Sony card reader, Sony headset, cables, and room for an extra lens.

Gotta say the thing weighs a ton but it's ready to go. Now to see if it really is overweight for airlines.
If only I could get my sticks in there.

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
on Jul 25, 2008 at 7:16:33 pm

We just purchased an HPRC for our EX1 and it's very nice. Cheaper than the brands you mentioned and equal in quality.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]