FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX-1 Shoe Wiggles

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Reopelle
EX-1 Shoe Wiggles
on Jul 17, 2008 at 11:53:07 am

After using the EX-1 with a toplight and wireless mic receiver on the accessory shoe the shoe has become loose and wiggles. Is there any way to tighten the shoe mount?

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: EX-1 Shoe Wiggles
on Jul 17, 2008 at 7:00:23 pm

Did you try tightening the screw right behind the hot shoe?

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Kevin Reopelle
on Jul 18, 2008 at 9:57:38 am

Do you mean the screw that is next to "MONITOR VOL?" I haven't tried that screw but I am not sure that would make a difference. I think I'll need to get under the shoe to see why it wiggles and to do that it looks like I'd have to take out about five screws and pull off the plastic panel covering where the media controls are on the top of the camera. I can't do that because this is my work camera! Has anyone else experienced this shoe wiggle? We have two EX-1s that have only been in use for a few weeks and both have this issue of the shoe wiggling!

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Jul 18, 2008 at 4:52:31 pm

Kevin,

No shoe wiggling here. I had one of the first EX cams made and now this more recent one (a month old) and there's been no problem. I use the cold shoe a lot to hold wireless transmitters or a Frezzi light and so far so good.

I had a look at my EX and there's no easy fix for your issue. There's a plate held on by those same small Phillips head screws underneath you can see when you pull out the LCD screen and flip the camera over.

If I had your shoe problem I'd send it in to Sony Repair, but then the Sony Repair facility I use is only 20 minutes away and I know both of the tech guys (from previous EX issues).

- Don

Return to posts index

Doug Berry
on Apr 2, 2010 at 6:48:50 pm

You could have slid the metal part on the show forward and off with a small screwdriver and underneath that there are four screws. tighten those and that should work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]