FORUMS: list search recent posts

Software Update for PDW-U1 out yet?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch Jordan
Software Update for PDW-U1 out yet?
on Jul 15, 2008 at 7:25:37 pm

Version 1.0 of the driver for the PDW-U1 drive doesn't support the ability to write back to the XDCam disk. Sony's websited promised a new driver in the "1st quarter of 2008". Does anyone know if the software is out? If not, any word on when we can expect it? We using Macintosh systems, if that matters.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Software Update for PDW-U1 out yet?
on Jul 15, 2008 at 7:47:54 pm

Still shows Firmware 1.0 on DL sites.

I heard a rumor that ClipBrowser 2.0 shout be available in the next few days so maybe there's a few XDCAM related updates coming soon.

Return to posts index

Mitch Jordan
on Jul 15, 2008 at 8:12:12 pm

Let's hope so. We found a newsletter somewhere else that says we might not get the firmware until October.

Return to posts index

Mitch Jordan
on Sep 25, 2008 at 12:34:14 am

V. 2.0 has been out for the PC world for about a month. Does anyone know when we might expect an update for Macintosh? Has anyone used the PDW-U1 under Windows in either Boot Camp or VMFusion/Parallels? I'd really like to start using the drive to name my clips and to use the 50gb discs for storage.

Return to posts index

Ken Davis
on Sep 25, 2008 at 4:00:02 pm

I have updated my PDW-U1 to Version 2 but am unclear how to archive ex footage to a disc. I have tried straight copy and using clip browser but no luck. I thought you can put any type of media on xdcam disk. Has anyone else done this and what is the procedure?

Thanks
Ken

Return to posts index

Mitch Jordan
on Sep 25, 2008 at 4:12:15 pm

Are you using a Mac or a PC?

Return to posts index

Clint Fleckenstein
on Nov 5, 2008 at 10:00:41 pm

I'm looking to do the same: archive files to PDW-U1. I'm using a Mac. I was certainly hoping to be able to do this, yet I can't even figure out where to start! I put in a blank disc, and my only options are to Ignore or Eject.

I just got the drive (Firmware 2.065) but it doesn't show up as a device anywhere on my Mac. It shows up as a USB device in Windows XP using Parallels, but I don't want to us it with Windows. I run FCP Studio 2.

This thing's gonna be a $2500 boat anchor (and a real dent in my workflow plan) if I can't store files on it.

Cf

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]