FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ex1 full HD Monitoring

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jose Castillo
Ex1 full HD Monitoring
on Jul 11, 2008 at 12:55:55 am

This is my first post i speak english a little but i try.

I`m a Dop/Camera Operator, i use actually the Ex1 With the letus adapter with PL Mount i need a Monitor for Full HD Monitoring, My Idea is take a Bravia LCD Panel and connect this via HDMI but the EX1 does`n have HDMI Output its have SDI HD/SD Output its can send the signal Full HD o SD With his internal Downconverter. I think if i buy a SDI TO HDMI Converter i can do it the workflow can be.

-EX1
-Aja Kona Hi5 SDI TO HDMI Mini converter (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/478471-REG/AJA_HI5_Hi5_HD_SDI_SDI_to_HDMI.html)
-Bravia LCD Panel i don`t remember the model but its have 2 HDMI inputs and the resolutions is Full HD 1920x1080

in theory it`s can be works????

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: Ex1 full HD Monitoring
on Jul 11, 2008 at 2:41:28 am

If you need full HD to monitor you can use component to the Bravia LCD Panel. It should provide a very nice image. If you need to downconvert the EX has a composite port out, and it came with the composite cable for SD monitoring. HDMI is a poor mans digital signal and a very good source for quality monitoring. I'm not sure I understand the question, please ask a question you need help with, there are plenty of extremely talented folks here ready to help.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Denis O'Keefe
on Jul 11, 2008 at 3:01:50 pm

The HDSDI output is like magic - one wire sends everything for monitoring. You can get the full HD picture, time code, and embedded audio.
I'm happy with the Panasonic 17 inch, there are many others. It takes all the various inputs I use.
By the time you pay for a consumer monitor and a converter you'll probably be in shooting distance of something with HDSDI in anyway.
Running a single BNC cable beats patching plugs, converters, component cables and HDMI lines together by a long shot.

Return to posts index

Nick Righton
on Jul 11, 2008 at 5:43:06 pm

Michael is right. You can get a great picture from the component video output. You would not be able to see a visible difference between the HD-SDI/HDMI picture and the analog component video signal. I would only suggest the HDSDI/HDMI solution if you need to run the signal longer than 25 feet (using a good cable of course) or need embedded audio.

Nick

I wish I was good at one thing rather than average at many, but oh well.

Return to posts index

George Strother
on Jul 12, 2008 at 2:27:34 am

Ive tested the JVC 20" production LCD with component and HD-SDI. There is quite a bit of difference between the two connections.

But I will be recording to SxS cards and even real 1902x1080p does not come off of the cards as sharp as the HD-SDI signal. HD-SDI monitoring might be setting expectations higher than I could deliver without dragging around a Mac and a raid.

Ultimately I chose the component version of the monitor which seemed to match what came back off of the SxS cards.

George
Light Images

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]