FORUMS: list search recent posts

Film Festival looking for EX-1 films!!

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Hough
Film Festival looking for EX-1 films!!
on Jul 8, 2008 at 6:00:58 am

Hi everyone,

I'm on the selection committee of a major Los Angeles Film Festival. Over the next month we bring films to screen to the rest of the committee. I really, for personal reasons, want to see films shot on the EX-1 (as have only ever seen stuff online) and can offer the waiving of fees if you want to give me a screener of your short or feature for presentation to the screening committee. Of course, there's no guarantees your film wil get in - but it will save 50 bucks! If you're interested, please email me directly at: paulhoughentertainment@yahoo.com.

Best,

Paul

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Film Festival looking for EX-1 films!!
on Jul 8, 2008 at 12:02:58 pm

Which festival is that that's focusing on one specific camera rather than story content so I know to advise folks to avoid it? Does the rest of the committee know you're doing this to potentially greatly harm their festival's rep? Because I've seen some pretty bad EX1 movies stuff just the same as any tool. It's the painter not the brush brother.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Paul Hough
on Jul 8, 2008 at 2:44:43 pm

I think you misunderstood me. The festival isn't programming only films on this camera. I want to see films shot on this camera for personal reasons, and thought rather than just ask people to show me their films and get nothing back, I'd give a few folks something back. Again, all I will do is put one or two films in front of the selection committee. No need to get all twisted about it.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jul 8, 2008 at 4:56:28 pm

I get that you personally want to see movies shot on the EX1. Still as a festival screener it seems like a conflict of interest that you're giving free submission and a preference to movies just because they happen to be shot on a particular camera. I guess I'd be a little surprised if the director of your festival would be 100% comfortable with this.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]