FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiple SXS 16GB Archive with recording across both cards

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad M. Hooper
Multiple SXS 16GB Archive with recording across both cards
on Jun 26, 2008 at 4:02:33 pm

Was my first long shoot of a concert and the band would not take a brake/pause from song to song. I had to go to the second card via the camera jumping automatically to the next card. I would take out the now finished A card and replace it. This went on for 3 hours so A card would jump to B, I would remove A and replace it with a new card while B was recording then B would jump to A and I removed B and replaced it with a new card while A was recording. My question is how do you archive the footage using dual layered DVDs or in the future Blu-ray. And I will admit that I will be reading the manual today for reconnecting the video to work in finalcut today any help with known issues with this process would be a help. I had to take the camera out and do the event out of the box hot. i.e. from store to event never having had the camera before. Lucky I had the money to buy and did 5 16gb sanddisk SxS cards.
Thanx to you all.

Chad M. Hooper
Xplosive Tendencies
Camarillo CA, 93010

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Multiple SXS 16GB Archive with recording across both cards
on Jun 27, 2008 at 7:56:19 pm

[Chad M. Hooper] "Was my first long shoot of a concert and the band would not take a brake/pause from song to song. I had to go to the second card via the camera jumping automatically to the next card. I would take out the now finished A card and replace it. This went on for 3 hours so A card would jump to B, I would remove A and replace it with a new card while B was recording then B would jump to A and I removed B and replaced it with a new card while A was recording. My question is how do you archive the footage using dual layered DVDs or in the future Blu-ray. And I will admit that I will be reading the manual today for reconnecting the video to work in finalcut today any help with known issues with this process would be a help. I had to take the camera out and do the event out of the box hot. i.e. from store to event never having had the camera before. Lucky I had the money to buy and did 5 16gb sanddisk SxS cards.
Thanx to you all."

The individual SxS card's contents just need to be copied into individual folders. Then you can pull in sequentially via the XDCAM EX transfer application or via FCP for example. You can always manually recombine the files in you editor if storing all of the card archives in the same drive becomes an issue.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]