FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't export from FCP to PDW-F330

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lucas Young
Can't export from FCP to PDW-F330
on Jun 26, 2008 at 6:24:19 am

Hi
I have a sequence that came from an XDCam EX that I've cut in FCP 6.0.3 and want to export to XDCam disk. I've got a PDW-F330 hooked up via Firewire, with a newly erased disk in it, and it's set to:
System: 50i (I'm in New Zealand)
Rec Format: MPEG HD
Bit rate (HD): HQ
Audio CH (HD): 2ch
Country PAL AREA
My footage and Sequence Presets are XDCam EX 1080i50 VBR 35MB/s
I'm using the latest XDCam Transfer Software. But whenever I export to XDCam, whatever preset I choose doesnt matter, I get a warning :

Export failed
Please check that your XDCAM device is setup correctly and that the REC INHIBIT indicator is off.

The device should be configured like this:

Video: MPEG HD 50i. Audio: 2 ch x 16 bit

Error writing MXF file

I exported the whole project to 1080i50 XDCAM HD VBR, created a new project with this setting, and the same problem occurs.

Can anyone suggest something else I could try?

cheers in advance

Return to posts index

Lucas Young
Re: Can't export from FCP to PDW-F330
on Jun 26, 2008 at 7:48:26 am

Further investigation reveals I can export the .MXF file to my drive OK, but even if I shoot a clip on the camera, import it and try and export it right back out again I get the same error....

Return to posts index

Robert Dexter
Re: Can't export from FCP to PDW-F330
on Jun 27, 2008 at 8:45:51 am

If you've exported an MXF file successfully to your hard disk drive, you can try using Finder to copy it into the Clip folder of your Professional Disc in your PDW-F330... but if the straight-to-disc export failed, using Finder isn't likely to succeed either honestly.

There are so many things to get right on the camcorder to make sure export works, but it sounds like you've ruled out most of them! If you've tried exporting back a short clip you've just recorded on the PDW-F330 itself, that just leaves:

not enough disc space - the 'free space' can be misleading so try a blank disc,

an MXF file name that XDCAM doesn't like - check whether the camcorder's in 'free' naming mode or not and choose an appropriate name; the simplest check with the blank disc is to rename your file on hard disk to "C0001.MXF" before copying it with Finder and see if that works

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]