COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Sniffen
XDCAM HD Crashing FCP
on Jun 20, 2008 at 2:31:19 pm

A couple of issues with XDCAM-HD.

FCP 6.0.2 on MAC Pro Tower Intel - Kona 3

XDCAM Transfer Utility: 2.5.1

Working with XDCAM-HD material can cause FCP to lock up. Usually when I'm trying to render an effect. Any issues out there? Has been OK with SD XDCAM material. But yesterday, I imported SD material, it locked up. I restarted and was able to import but then every clip I had imported had a twin file in the bin. If I click the file, the twin file would react as well.

Also, the Sony utility has been crashing/locking as well. Again seems only with HD stuff. I know there are a couple of different versions of this utility. I have the one that is designated for FCP, I think. Maybe clarify. Sony has a few there on the site. One for the drive, one for the camera. I use the camera to import.

Someone recommended to update FCP to the newest version as well as the transfer utility. Has anyone experienced these issues?

Also, what is the process of naming the discs? All of them appear in the transfer utility as "untitled". Do you name them in the camera?

Thanks,
Scott Sniffen

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: XDCAM HD Crashing FCP
on Jun 20, 2008 at 5:50:03 pm

Trash prefs, run software update and then recheck to make sure you're actually using the latest versions of your Kona drivers and the Sony utilities. BTW- XDCAM EX is now directly ingestable via Log and Transfer with the latest plugin. Search down the threads a bit and you'll find the link.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
Re: XDCAM HD Crashing FCP
on Jun 21, 2008 at 2:50:21 pm

>every clip I had imported had a twin file in the bin

this is a long time FCP bug that resurfaced relatively recently ... it has been widely reported as fixed in FCP 6.0.3

>I have the one that is designated for FCP

if you are working solely with XDCAM HD then you need only install the XDCAM Transfer Utility

if you are working with or intend to work with XDCAM EX then will also need to install the SxS Device Driver and the XDCAM EX Clip Browser software, and you may also want to install the FCP Log and Transfer support plugin

>Someone recommended to update FCP to the newest version ...

as noted above re the evil twin clip bug

>what is the process of naming the discs? All of them appear in the transfer utility as "untitled". Do you name them in the camera?

you can name them in camera, you can also name them directly in the transfer utility in the information pane at lower right (make sure the disc has not got the write protect tab across and that rec inhibit is not enabled on the deck

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]