FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX-1 power switch fix

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Schultz
EX-1 power switch fix
on Jun 10, 2008 at 3:12:21 am

The problem of the recessed EX-1 power switch has been discussed before, however, I figured out a 10-cent solution to the problem of knowing whether your switch is in the Off/Camera/Memory position.

Basically, I took an exacto knife and some red and yellow spray paint and got the tip of the exacto wet with one color and added a red dot to the open switch panel below the actual switch for the Memory On setting and a yellow dot for when the switch is in the Camera On position. Now when I look at the switch if I see a full yellow dot I know the camera is powered on, when I see a full red dot, I know the Memory is powered on, and when I see both red and yellow dots showing - then I know it is in the middle Power Off position.

As low tech as it gets, but works for me - maybe it will help someone else not drain out their battery accidentally.

Bruce Schultz
Primetime Digital, Inc.
F900R / EX-1
IATSE 600 - Los Angeles based

Return to posts index

Carroll Lam
Re: EX-1 power switch fix
on Jun 10, 2008 at 2:18:16 pm

Great tip, Bruce! I had previously done something along the same lines. I filled the slot of the switch slider with white paint which made it easier to determine its position. You tip is an excellent addition.

Carroll Lam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]