FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM TRANSFER wont load clips Help!

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Hitchcock
XDCAM TRANSFER wont load clips Help!
on Jun 4, 2008 at 1:36:22 pm

I just opened XDCAM CLIP and I get Loading clips with a spinning wheel forever. It just wont open.
I did have a lot of media. Perhaps I should have removed after use.

Any info on how to get XD cam going again would be appreciated.
I'm using ex1 and have not updated software. Its been working well
Thanks!
Peter

Return to posts index

Peter Hitchcock
Re: XDCAM TRANSFER wont load clips Help!
on Jun 4, 2008 at 1:51:34 pm

Fixed it I search goolge and got back to creative cow and found the solution. I did search the forum on cow but it didnt help. So try google as well.
I dumped the .comsonyxdcam prefs
Peter

Return to posts index

Andy Nickless
on Jun 5, 2008 at 7:07:17 am

Thanks for posting the fix.
I'll keep it in mind in case I get the same problem.

Return to posts index

David Marsh
Re: XDCAM Transfer wont load clips Help!
on Jun 18, 2008 at 2:57:58 am

I see you got the issue fixed, Peter. Jolly good, old chap. Long time no speak, see, hear from. Have you tried going back to the XDCAM disc with a sequence from FCP? For the life of me, I can't get the MXF file to show up on the SxS disc but it shows up in the XFCAM transfer browser, on my HD. Anyone reading this with the solution, please let me know how. Thanks. BTW-- Peter, you can contact me through this forum or visit my website http://www.iquadus.com . David Marsh

Director/producer/editor. Los Angeles and Hawaii based.

Return to posts index

Chris Cooley
on Sep 28, 2008 at 1:13:58 am

I think I may be having a similar issue as to what you were experiencing. Can you perhaps elaborate a little bit as to what you did to solve it?

I had a drive go down (due to a power surge), and ran Data Rescue II and recovered what I thought was all of it, only to find that some of the capture scratch video had gotten corrupted, so I re-acquired a deck (F70) to re-rip the 6 or 7 blue ray discs containing the clips that got corrupted, but now i'm experiencing the same dilemma you have described.

Also, sometimes, if I try swapping discs while xdtransfer is open, I just started getting a message saying "Failed to execute query (1: database disk image is malformed)"

This really seems to me to be a software, or more specifically, XDtransfer issue. If it was a hardware thing or an incorrect setting on the deck, I don't think the discs would mount on the desktop like they do (like they should), but it's just XD transfer that keeps hanging up. I have re-installed it a few times as well. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great as I am on a tight deadline and really stressin'

- C
(chriscooley@gmail.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]