FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Companion

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark S Copley
Sony Companion
on Jun 2, 2008 at 8:05:49 pm

Anyone else see the Companion @ NAB? Sony had it under glass. It is a harddrive much like the P2 Store where you insert the SxS card to copy the files over. I was wondering if anyone has heard anything else about it like release date and harddrive size

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Sony Companion
on Jun 3, 2008 at 1:41:29 am

60GB and I thought I heard Q3. Some people complained that 60GB was too small. It has SxS adaptor and I think one must actually hook that up to record from camera or copy from card in the other slot.

Return to posts index

Mark S Copley
on Jun 3, 2008 at 1:44:16 pm

The one I am talking about was different from the 60 gb drive. That one you could hook up to the camera. The Companion was hidden away in a box by itself that was for offloading files only

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 3, 2008 at 2:40:13 pm

I haven't seen it any Sony press release and no one I know of who went to NAB mentioned it. If it is in such an early stage that Sony didn't even show a mock up I have to wonder how far off or if ever such a device will happen.

Please present how you know of such a box and show any evidence of it's planning. You may well have seen such a box but apparently it wasn't close enough to reality for anyone to to tout.

Return to posts index

Wayne Carey
on Jun 4, 2008 at 6:14:18 pm

I was there with Mark and its was under glass in the XDCAM section of the booth. Its a rather large box like the FlashXDR box. I know it was just a development thing right now... but Sony did say this would be something available late summer.

We were just hoping if someone else knew anything about it.

Wayne Carey
Schazam Productions
http://www.schazamproductions.com
http://blogs.creativecow.net/waynecarey

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 5, 2008 at 5:11:30 am

I can't find anything about it with Google search in any press release or even poking around blogs. You'd think somebody somewhere would have mentioned it in an "odd thing I saw in the corner of the Sony booth" type of comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]