FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX1 external audio question

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leonard Mendez
EX1 external audio question
on Jun 2, 2008 at 4:38:21 pm

Ok, i have a senineiser ew-100 G2 wireless set. What setting is correct on the ex1 for xlr input.

Line
Mic
Mic+48v

Please let me know
thanks

Return to posts index

Chris Babbitt
Re: EX1 external audio question
on Jun 2, 2008 at 4:43:20 pm

Mic

Return to posts index

Leonard Mendez
on Jun 2, 2008 at 4:57:12 pm

when would LINE be used? I would think line would work but your right MIC does. What was LINE be used for

thanks for your help

Leonard

Return to posts index

Chris Babbitt
on Jun 2, 2008 at 5:02:59 pm

Line is for when you are working with a line-level source, such as from a professional sound mixer, usually +4 db.

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Jun 3, 2008 at 10:54:54 am

Leonard have it on MIC but NOT MIC + 48v since you don't want the phantom power from the camera, the radio mic has its own power. Also I find I have to set the camera input at -38dbs to avoid over modulation. Even carefully setting the Sennheiser through the menu does not solve clipping if the camera is not set to -38. That's my experience anyway, others may disagree.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Andy Nickless
on Jun 5, 2008 at 6:53:29 am

I use the Sennheiser ew100 G2 regularly on Channel 1.
I have the camera Audio Trim set to -50dBu and the Audio Level wheel for that channel set to between 5 and 6.

The Sensitivity on the G2 Transmitter is set to -20 and the AF Out level on the Receiver is -24. I'm currently making a DVD about training Sheepdogs (herding dogs). It involves all voice levels, from a very quiet reassuring (near whisper) to shouting at the top of my voice!

So far, I'm very pleased with the audio - no peaking whatsoever, in fact, one particular shout yesterday managed to push the audio level no nearer the dreaded zero than -6dB.

I'd be interested to hear from those who are more qualified than me on this - my only slight problem is that if the Sennheiser (K6) ME64 mounted on camera and feeding Channel 2, if the level of my voice gets near equal on both channels (G2's lavalier on me and ME64 on camera) I detect a slight 'swirling' or 'swimmy' sound.

Would this be the EX1's limiter cutting out the peaking? If so, how do I disable it?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]