FORUMS: list search recent posts

Feature request: import batch lists

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Das
Feature request: import batch lists
on Jun 2, 2008 at 9:13:35 am

Dear sirs,

I would like to know if it is possible to incorporate the following feature in the XDCAM Transfer workflow:

We do lots of offline edits on AVID, the footage was shot in XDCAM and captured low-res for the offline process.

The online gets done on FCP and we would like to recapture the footage natively using XDCAM transfer. There is, however, no way to send a batch list of subclips from FCP to XDCAM transfer. Is it possible to incorporate a feature to import an XML batch list from FCP so we can recapture the footage for the online. If not, we are forced to capture through SDI, which makes the process slow and the amount of storage needed higher.

Thanks, Rob

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Feature request: import batch lists
on Jun 2, 2008 at 8:45:31 pm

Considering how low the data rate of XDCAM EX already have you considered skipping the "low res" edit entirely and just going online from the beginning. Surely the offset in workflow and time savings will justify the modest increase in hard drive storage needed. I wouldn't dream of editing anything but native XDCAM EX just to save the time and effort of a conform.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Rob Das
Re: Feature request: import batch lists
on Jun 4, 2008 at 12:26:16 pm

The thing is, our offline editors work on AVID (only) and we want to finish in FCP...

I would love to have them switched to FCP though, but that's going to take more time than recapturing (-;

Thanks, Rob

PowerPC G5 DP2, FCP 5.1.2, Decklink HD, XserveRAID

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]