FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX1 Clip browser

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Mollaghan
EX1 Clip browser
on May 30, 2008 at 8:58:53 am

On two of my machines the EX1 clip browser software takes around 15 minutes to offload a full 16Gig card from the Sony EX1.

However, my other machine (laptop) takes around 50 minutes. Any idea why this might be? It is a good spec machine, so have no idea why it is so much slower.

It is a Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop, I have used it to edit using Vegas (for SD projects) in the past, so it is not that slow. One of the other machines which copies faster, is actually a much lower spec machine.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: EX1 Clip browser
on May 30, 2008 at 1:38:57 pm

I'm guessing here but you are most likely using USB from either the camera or a card reader and perhaps this machine has a slow USB port. Try coping the BPAV file to a new folder to the hard drive of the laptop or a firewire external then see how Clip Browser works. I don't really know much about PC's these days as I have been using a Mac for the last 5 years. This should give you an idea of the problem, if it is the same after this then it would seem the CPU is what you should look to next. I know there are big CPU differences with PC laptops. If you have the PCI express slot that the SxS card fits into you should find much better speeds using it.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: EX1 Clip browser
on May 30, 2008 at 2:40:04 pm

Dual Core Processor something like 1.8GHz but the AMD used was underpowered for some tasks. It came with a 60GB 5400rpm hard drive. I do believe it has an Express Card slot though. It has USB2 also.

Given the above I'd have to believe it should still be better than real time when using the Express Card slot.

Please explain HOW you are doing to transfer and to WHAT hard drive.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]