FORUMS: list search recent posts

no image still after sony transfer download?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tedric Huff
no image still after sony transfer download?
on May 27, 2008 at 1:15:49 am

Does anybody no where I can get sony ex1 codec downloads to play image? I'm not getting any image at all on my mac and I already upgraded to the newest final cut. Thanks

Return to posts index

Robert Dexter
Re: no image still after sony transfer download?
on May 27, 2008 at 7:33:17 am

So you've got FCP 6.0.3...

Are you using XDCAM Transfer 2.7.0?

What does it say about the XDCAM EX codec in the 'Installed Components' window that may appear when the app launches, or you can open from the Help menu?

Apple shipped the XDCAM EX as an update to the AppleHDVCodec.component file that should be in /Library/QuickTime.

In Finder, if you do 'Get Info' on this file, in order to have XDCAM EX, you want to see at least the "Version 1.3.2 (v216)" that ships with FCP 6.0.2.

If you see an earlier version number, that's your problem...

How you get the right version, I'm not sure!

Return to posts index

Robert Dexter
on May 27, 2008 at 2:08:19 pm

If you're using a MacBook Pro with a built-in ExpressCard slot, and you're not even seeing the SxS cards themselves appear on the Desktop or in XDCAM Transfer, then yes, you need the SxS Driver. If you're accessing your SxS cards any other way (e.g. by USB), then you don't need the SxS Driver.

If you can see the cards themselves in XDCAM Transfer, and the clips, but they all say 'No Image', then what you're missing are the XDCAM EX codecs from Apple. These should be installed with FCP 6.0.2 and higher, but there seem to have been several reports of people upgrading to FCP 6.0.2 and for some reason not getting the upgrade to the AppleHDVCodec.component.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on May 27, 2008 at 3:01:22 pm

Just anecdotal but it seems that if you're on OS 10.4.11 and have QT 7.4.x, QT might be the issue. In other words with OS 10.4.11 and FCP 6.0.2, QT 7.3.1 is good but QT 7.4.x results in no video for some.

In other words
10.4.11, QT 7.3.1, FCP 6.0.2 - Good
10.4.11 QT 7.4.x, FCP 6.0.2 or 3 - No Good
BTW in order to get FCP 6.0.3 you seem to need QT 7.4.5

I'm not sure if there's a no video issue on 10.5.2. I'm not sure how absolute the above is but it's something I've observed when people have posted the issue and provided their system info.

It's ALWAYS a good idea to post system info (all software versions as well as CPU) for troubleshooting.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
HI CRAIG!!
on May 30, 2008 at 9:52:19 am

Hi Craig,
I would like to contact you "off-The Cow".
Could you pass me your e-mail?
Thanks,
Rafael

Mac OX 10.5.2-FC 6.02-QT 7.4.1
G5 2x2Gh 4GbRAM-BlackMagic Extreme
PMBP 17"Core2Duo 4GbRAM-AJA ioHD
JVC DTV-17"
SONY EX-1 . SONY PD170
..and always a big mess on top of the table.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]