FORUMS: list search recent posts

More craziness

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Wargo
More craziness
on May 26, 2008 at 5:04:45 pm

I have been importing clips into our FCP 6 for several days using Transfer with USB and an EX-1, and suddenly, I can't get them to go. The IMPORT button is grayed out. As far as I know, nothing has changed. The cards are being brought to me by the shooter.

Ahh. They are SMI files. Now what?

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Return to posts index

Chris Babbitt
Re: More craziness
on May 26, 2008 at 6:44:52 pm

Try setting an in and out point on the clips and see if your import button comes back.

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: More craziness
on May 26, 2008 at 6:52:18 pm

Also have a look to see if you've got a clip that spans another card. If so you need to have both BPAV folders present in the Transfer Tool window. The app will then see the completed clip and will allow you to import the whole thing as one file. Just look for the same clip number on one or more cards. That's your clue.

- Don

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
I tried this...
on May 26, 2008 at 7:22:28 pm

I had downloaded the clips to our laptop (the one without FCP 6) and had them on a drive.

I formatted the original card in the camera and transferred the clips back to the card using the USB connection. The clips came back as MP4 files instead of SMI.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: I tried this...
on May 27, 2008 at 2:54:11 pm

.SMI are the links to spanned clips. If you have spanned clips, importing the .SMI imports the clips . . . if they are available. When importing .SMI you should have all the BPAV (inside parent folders) Added to Transfer Tool first. Otherwise you can go to the individual partial clips and mark in/out to import. The .SMI links to the actual .MP4. Basically if you import the .MP4 you've got your video. The only difference is that the clips aren't joined. That's not really a big deal since you can edit them together as needed anyway.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]