FORUMS: list search recent posts

No clips

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Wargo
No clips
on May 25, 2008 at 7:00:26 am

We just loaded Transfer 2.7 on to our 17" laptop, along with the SxS drivers. We already had Clip Browser installed and had been using it.

When we open transfer and insert an 8Gb card, the info for the clips shows up but we don't see the clips themselves. It says that there is no media but I can see the clips play properly in Clip Browser. In the Transfer Help manual (page 12) , it says that this may happen if the clips run across two cards, which I don't believe happened.

Any clues on this. Also, what do we have to do about naming cards, folders, etc. My editor usually does this and he is gone till Tuesday.

Big Thanks

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: No clips
on May 25, 2008 at 7:38:31 am

If you don't have FCP on that laptop you won't be able to see the clips within the Sony Transfer app. The EX codec resides with FCP and not with the Sony software. You can see the clips with the Sony Clip Browser, however, but the Transfer app needs the FCP codec to operate properly.

Not sure what you mean about naming folders. If you're referring to changing the BPAV folder name to something else.......don't, otherwise the Sony Transfer Tool will NOT see them when it's time to transfer the EX files to your editing suite. If you want to store several BPAV folders from offloaded cards on the same hard drive then put them in separate folders each with a unique folder name. Not sure if this is the info you're after or not.

With an SxS card inserted in the Macbook Pro you can highlight the card and choose "Get Info" from the file menu in the finder and change the name of the card that way.

- Don

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
on May 25, 2008 at 8:18:06 am

Thanks Don

the laptop only has FCP 5 on it. Transfer works in our Mac Pro but this is the first time I loaded it onto the laptop.

Thanks again

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on May 25, 2008 at 4:13:52 pm

Steve,
I believe you will need FC 6.0.2. or better. This version has the codec you need.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
on May 26, 2008 at 4:58:15 pm

Thanks Michael. My editor takes care of all of this and he is gone for the weekend, of course.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]