FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM disc image not appearing on desktop

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jill Strong
XDCAM disc image not appearing on desktop
on May 25, 2008 at 1:38:33 am

I'm running OSX 10.5.2, XDCAM Transfer 2.1.0 with a Sony PDW-F70 connected via FW.

I usually rename the source disc by ctrl+clicking the image>get info. Then I eject disc, re-insert and import as usual through xdcam transfer with "add source name" checked under importing preferences, so I don't have duplicate file names in the same FCP project. I'm at a post house with a handful of suites and on one suite (config listed above) we can't get the actual disc image to appear on the desktop--everything else works fine, and importing is regular, though I can't seem to find another way to rename the source disc for file naming purposes. Is there another way to rename a source disc, or is there a setting somewhere in my OS that I'm overlooking? Thanks for your help.
-Jill

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: XDCAM disc image not appearing on desktop
on May 25, 2008 at 4:24:21 am

Hi jill,
Sorry I can not help you with your issue.
Just to tell you that there is a XDCAM Transfer 2.7.0 available.

Mac OX 10.5.2-FC 6.02-QT 7.4.1
G5 2x2Gh 4GbRAM-BlackMagic Extreme
PMBP 17"Core2Duo 4GbRAM-AJA ioHD
JVC DTV-17"
SONY EX-1 . SONY PD170
..and always a big mess on top of the table.

Return to posts index

Dave Jenkins
on May 27, 2008 at 4:29:47 am

We are on 10.5.2 and are not having this problem. We did a clean install of 10.5 and are using the 2.51 and the 2.70 version of the transfer software. We are having the duplicate clip problem though.

Dajen Productions
Santa Barbara, CA
Mac Pro 2.8 Octo - AJA Kona LHe
Huge 1.2 Raid
FCP 6.0.2-OS X 10.5.2-QT 7.4

Return to posts index

Robert Dexter
on May 27, 2008 at 7:46:54 am

Just a thought - but if the disc is showing up OK in XDCAM Transfer, maybe it's as simple as the Finder preferences?

Have a look at Finder > Preferences, go to the General tab and look at the "Show these items on the Desktop" options. You need a check against "CDs, DVDs, and iPods" for XDCAM discs to appear on the Desktop.

By the way, you can rename XDCAM discs in XDCAM Transfer! I don't know about version 2.1, but if you upgrade to the latest version 2.7, in the main XDCAM Transfer window, you just select the disc in the Source list, go to the Information tab (bottom right), and edit the Source > Name.

I don't need to eject and re-insert the disc for the name change to work either.

Return to posts index

Wayne Carey
on May 27, 2008 at 2:17:03 pm

[Robert Dexter] "By the way, you can rename XDCAM discs in XDCAM Transfer! I don't know about version 2.1, but if you upgrade to the latest version 2.7, in the main XDCAM Transfer window, you just select the disc in the Source list, go to the Information tab (bottom right), and edit the Source > Name.
"

This has been working for some time now. I think it started in 2.0 version of the software.

As for the disk not showing on the desktop, with Leopard, you need at least version 2.5.1 to work properly.

Wayne Carey
Schazam Productions
http://www.schazamproductions.com
http://blogs.creativecow.net/waynecarey

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]