FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM Transfer 2.7 still not showing all clips

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
christoph Gelfand
XDCAM Transfer 2.7 still not showing all clips
on May 18, 2008 at 12:36:16 pm

Shot for the past week using two 8gb cards and two 16gb cards. Have been using ShotPut to offload cards to dump footage to two Lacie Rugged drives and then dumping those at night to a 2 TB RAID 1 Lacie drive.

Clips show up in Clip Viewer and on camera, but only 3/4 of clips show in XDCAM transfer. Thought it was a timecode issue after the first day, so I switched from Clock timecode to Rec Run timecode. Still no use. Clips over two or three minutes show up with proper duration, but no thumbnail and can't be played.

What is wrong with this software? Uninstall and reinstall have had no success either.

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: XDCAM Transfer 2.7 still not showing all clips
on May 18, 2008 at 4:29:24 pm

not sure why Shotput is being used
if you copy the bpav file into a new folder each time you should be in good shape. It sounds like there are some files missing from the bpav file from your workflow. You may need to copy this bpav file back to the card and
put it back into the camera in hopes it can reconnect the media.
If you copy the bpav file and store it in a new separate folder you will have all the files nessesary for proper transfer. you should never have to open
this bpav file ever.

Good luck
Michael Palmer

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

christoph Gelfand
on May 18, 2008 at 4:34:13 pm

This is exactly what Shotput does. It creates an automated method of creating new folders to put your BPAVs into without manually creating new folders. And it does it to up to three drives. Just can't imagine that Shotput it losing info in this process...

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on May 18, 2008 at 5:31:59 pm

I wouldn't think it's ShotPut also. It only creates folder and copies BPAV. As long as BPAV isn't altered Transfer Tool should see the clips.

Obviously somethings up though. Either something corrupting BPAV or some bug with Transfer Tool 2.7.

BTW when you installed 2.7 did you follow the instructions? Something about Database.sqlite3
I wouldn't doubt that would impact what Transfer Tool sees. In other words you can't simply install 2.7 over 2.5.1 or 2.1. The above file must be removed first.

I've noticed that it has had to do some sort of "rebuild" when importing files from previous BPAV folders.

Return to posts index

Dave Jenkins
on May 19, 2008 at 12:41:35 am

Craig, where did you find this install info? I looked through the read me, Notes & Limitations and manual and this is all it said.

Installation
The XDCAM Transfer software is distributed as a standard Mac OS X installer package ("XDCAM Transfer 2.7"). To start the installation, just double-click this package in the Finder.
Follow the instructions to complete the installation. You will be prompted to restart your Mac at the end in order for the FAM driver software components to be activated.

Dajen Productions
Santa Barbara, CA
Mac Pro 2.8 Octo - AJA Kona LHe
Huge 1.2 Raid
FCP 6.0.2-OS X 10.5.2-QT 7.4

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on May 19, 2008 at 1:45:42 am

I saw a warning pop up during the install saying to either back up or remove such database (I forget the exact wording) apparently implying the data base would be replaced.

I noticed the first time I used 2.7 after that it apparently had yet another warning as I accessed BPAV folders but it seemed to "repair" such folders making the files accessible again.

The BPAV files do work for me now but I wouldn't be surprised if some "hiccup" in the procedure might make files "disappear" if the database was somehow damaged in the process.

Alas, Sony has very cryptic information.

Return to posts index

christoph Gelfand
on May 19, 2008 at 4:51:32 am

After further testing, I attempted to reload problematic BPAV folders back onto an S x S card and then reimport using Clip Viewer instead of Shotput. Then I opened XDCAM Transfer and ABRACADABRA the troublesome longer clips showed and were available for import. Therefore it must be an issue with Shotput and longer clips!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on May 19, 2008 at 12:32:45 pm

Interesting. You should contact the people who make Shotput ASAP. I can't imagine though how a copy utility would impact BPAV but it may well be something about ShotPut and Transfer Tool 2.7 that don't get along.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]